Sunday, July 21, 2013

Changing My Tastes In Music

I never in my life would like any types of music, but hip hop, but little did I know I was wrong. It all started last year in the spring of ‘10, my best friend, Daevon,  was listening to rock music, and one of the rock artists was Brian “Head" Welch. Head was in a band named Korn until he left the group. Head relaesed a solo debut Save Me From Myself, so Daevon wanted me to listen to it. I was tired of hip hop so I figured “what the heck, it wont hurt". When I first listen to the album, I couldn’t take it. i wasn’t use to it, so I decided to junk it. About burning out hip hop music for a bit, I’ve gotten bored of it, and decided to listen to Head’s album again. There were three songs that caught my eye: Flush, Die Religion Die, & Money. I was jamming to those songs constantly, until I’ve gotten used to it and listen to the whole album without skipping songs, and love it for what it is. On Friday, September 16th, 2011, Daevon had introduced me to another genre of music, that genre is called Korean Pop (which is short for K-Pop). I was feeling down and out until he told me to listen to a K-Pop song by a group called F(x), and the song is called Chu. It sounded so cute, and happy. I love the beat, the flow, and the lyrics (even though it was a different language). Ever since then it has gotten me hooked to K-Pop ever since. Now besides F(x), I listen to groups/solo artists like 2NE1, 4Minute, B.A.P. & Jay Park (Just to name some). If it wasn't for Daevon, I would have still been in that little bubble that wouldn't pop out of its comfort zone. Now I’m branching out of different musical genres, so thanks Daevon, you've truly been a help.

No comments:

Post a Comment